Youth Suicide Awareness
Course Description: Each year, thousands of youth in the United States fall victim to suicide. As a country, we are needlessly losing precious lives each and every day. This course will familiarize you with the topic of youth suicide. It will set the stage so you will acquire a better appreciation of the forces that impact the lives of young people and will become more familiar with recognizing responding to children and teens in need.
- Discuss the prevalence of suicide among our youth today.
- Recognize the warning signs of youth who are at risk of suicide.
- Identify risk and protective factors for youth at risk of suicide.
- Describe the terminology surrounding suicide.
- Explain depression and how it effects teens.
- Communicate effectively with youth about depression and suicide.
- Categorize the different types of suicide and explain why teens might attempt suicide.
Take a look at the MindCross online demos and examples for a glimpse of our training.
Return to course list